Vault491, located in the heart Montclair’s award winning downtown at 491 Bloomfield Avenue, is an innovative adaptive reuse of a historic 92 year old bank building. Located in Montclair’s central business district, Vault491 is surrounded by over 90 restaurants, a variety of shops, and several renowned art venues.
Built in 1923, Vault491 has housed numerous banks ranging from The Bank of Montclair to PNC. The town of Montclair is committed to maintaining its historic downtown while working to retain its thriving business district. The renovation of the building followed historic preservation guidelines and is GOLD LEED certified. The conversion has preserved its wonderful character while simultaneously enhancing it to offer over 19,000 square feet of class-A professional office and retail space.
Interior Design Features
- Office suites of varying sizes and layouts
- Customized interiors uniquely designed and tailored for each tenant
- A variety of large open spaces and high ceilings (11 to 14 feet) to add architectural interest
- Unique architectural details retained such as original plaster molding, old vaults, and columns.
- Large operable insulated windows to flood offices with natural light yet guard against reflective heat
- Each suite has separate electrical meter.
- High-speed internet (FiOS), cable, telecom, and security wiring
- High efficiency HVAC.
- Ample parking located directly behind in municipal lot (59 dedicated spaces) connected to building via a pedestrian bridge.
- Located in the heart of Montclair’s downtown.
- Bus service to and from New York City one block from building.
- Third floor roof terrace.
All New Common Areas
- Private access from municipal lot directly into building.
- Security cameras 24/7 throughout common areas and outside the building.
- Designated Gallery for Local artists
- High end custom finishes throughout.
- GOLD LEED certified by the U.S. Green Building Council; built with no VOC paints and finishes, formaldehyde free building products and flooring.
In the News
ArtShines 2018 is a gallery event sponsored by Radius Digital Science at their office on 491 Bloomfield Avenue, Suite 104,
MONTCLAIR, NJ – Crazy Mocha coffee shop of Montclair was packed with residents who flocked to have coffee with US Attorney Paul Fishman
Montclair’s midtown may look a little different in the not-so-distant future, after the Montclair Historic Preservation approved applications for both
Leasing & Availability
|Title||Highlights||Sq. Ft.||Floor Plan||Rendering||Availability||availability_hfilter|
|C2||Large open space features exposed brick, soaring ceilings, and full pantry with an option to combine with adjacent suite.||Available for Lease/Rent||available-for-lease-rent|
|C1||Unique suite features original vault, exposed brick and includes a large open workspace with five private offices, one of which is inside the original vault.||Available for Lease/Rent||available-for-lease-rent|
|C3||Large open space features exposed brick, large windows, soaring ceilings, soundproof studio and custom staircase with option to duplex with suite above.||Available for Lease/Rent||available-for-lease-rent|
|104||Large open space features exposed brick, large windows, bank vault and custom staircase with option to duplex with suite below.||Available for Lease/Rent||available-for-lease-rent|
|205||Office suite includes three private offices, large open collaboration space, pantry, storage closet, and features exposed brick, oversized operable window, soaring ceilings and barn doors.||Available for Lease/Rent||available-for-lease-rent|